Happy 2022 and welcome back! I hope you had an enjoyable, restful — and healthy! — holiday and are raring to face the next 52 weeks.
We certainly are. Over the past year, GreenBiz Group has continued to grow, even amid the challenging climes, adding new events, reports and other offerings, and expanding our terrific team. (On that score, check out the seven job openings we currently have, and please share them with your friends, colleagues and networks.)
Over the past year, GreenBiz Group has continued to grow, even amid the challenging climes.
This week, with your indulgence, I’m going to use this space to share what we’ve got in store for 2022, starting with…
Today: On this first business day of the year, I’m thrilled to announce that Dylan Siegler has joined us as vice president and senior analyst, sustainability. Many of you have met Dylan over the years, or seen her speak at our events, in her prior roles in sustainability at NRG Energy and, more recently, in corporate responsibility at Verizon.
In her new role, Dylan will lead our ongoing efforts to develop and enhance our offerings that support sustainability professionals, including chairing our flagship GreenBiz conference each February. In the coming months, you’ll also see her writing articles and analyses about the evolving roles and responsibilities of those in this dynamic field.
“This is a complex moment for sustainability practice,” Dylan told me last week. “As a field, we‘re rapidly specializing and that’s an important evolution, but I’m particularly interested in the action that happens at the intersections between those specialties. I’m excited to help drive that action by listening and connecting and adding my voice to everything GreenBiz already does so well.”
We’re excited, too, Dylan.
I hope you’ll join me in welcoming Dylan to her new role at the heart of the GreenBiz community. And look forward to seeing her in person next month at GreenBiz 22.
Also today: Senior Editor Elsa Wenzel’s third annual list of C-suite sustainability champions, a rundown of corporate leaders who are playing catalytic roles in advancing sustainability in their companies and sectors.
Moving on, here’s a month-by-month calendar of what else we’ve got in store:
- Jan. 24 — Our 15th annual “State of Green Business” drops with a webcast featuring several analysts and editors who contributed to this year’s report. It shines a light on the trends we’ll be following in the coming months and features some insightful data on sustainability jobs and careers from our partners at LinkedIn. Register here. The report is also a fitting lead-in to…
- Feb. 15-17 — GreenBiz 22, our 14th annual flagship event, back in Scottsdale, Arizona. We’re beyond excited to be reconvening in person next month and will be taking every measure possible to ensure the event is as safe as it is impactful. Hotel space at the JW Marriott Camelback Inn has already sold out, but there are still some rooms available nearby.
- March 8 — On International Women’s Day, Editorial Director Heather Clancy reveals her latest list of “badass women” climate leaders, always a fun and inspiring read.
- April brings publication of our biennial “State of the Profession” report, produced by Vice President and Senior Analyst John Davies, based in large part on the more than 1,400 responses to our most recent survey on the salaries, backgrounds, responsibilities and reporting relationships of corporate sustainability professionals.
- April 22, Earth Day, brings the planned premiere of a new annual editorial feature: nonprofit leaders who are having an impact.
- May features the launch of a new annual report, this one on the state of ESG and sustainable finance, in partnership with S&P Global.
- May also brings back in-person gatherings of the GreenBiz Executive Network, our peer membership network. (Additional in-person meetings are slated for September.)
- May 17-19 is Circularity 22, this year in Atlanta, our fourth annual convening of circular economy professionals and their value-chain partners and stakeholders.
- June 13 is when we introduce our sixth annual cohort of “30 Under 30” up-and-coming sustainability professionals.
- June 28-29 is GreenFin 22, our second annual ESG and sustainable finance conference, in New York City.
- July 26-27 is the first of two annual online events, VERGE Electrify, bringing together leaders from the private and public sectors, investors, startups and others to accelerate electrification across transportation, buildings and industry.
- Oct. 25-27 is VERGE, our 12th annual climate tech conference and expo, this year at the San Jose Convention Center in the heart of Silicon Valley. (No website yet, but here’s last year’s.)
- Dec. 6-7 closes out the year with our other annual online event, VERGE Net Zero, convening professionals working in supply chains, facilities, fleets, manufacturing and other fields to advance the private sector’s most ambitious carbon targets.
I encourage you to stick with us throughout the year, and sincerely hope you will. It’s an exciting, challenging time in our field and we’re here to help you make sense of it all.
I invite you to follow me on Twitter, subscribe to my Monday morning newsletter, GreenBuzz, from which this was reprinted, and listen to GreenBiz 350, my weekly podcast, co-hosted with Heather Clancy.