This lemon chicken pasta salad is the perfect spring and summer dish. Artichokes, pine nuts and parmesan make this delicious! Prepare it ahead of time and everyone loves it.
Oh how I live for a good pasta salad.
Did you know I really didn’t care for pasta salad at all until a few years ago? I do not love the traditional italian style pasta salad. But I do love heartier pasta salads with a homemade vinaigrette and lots of my favorite add-ins. Which just so happens to not be salami.
Grilled chicken, artichokes, parmesan, lemon vinaigrette and lots of herbs. DELISH.
This pasta salad is going to be your new BFF for 2022. If you need a dish to take to a friend’s house, a potluck, make for a BBQ or have as a delish side at home with dinner, this is it. It’s filling and flavorful and superb!
Everyone loves it too, so there is that.
This is what you need for the lemon chicken pasta salad:
- Your favorite cut of pasta. You know how much I love this trottole! I used to find it at Target, but now I get it on amazon.
- Grilled chicken or even a rotisserie chicken. Leftover chicken works too. Shredded or chopped.
- A can of artichoke hearts, of course.
- Pine nuts! All toasty and golden and fragrant.
- Parmesan cheese. In what is one of the ONLY times I will ever recommend bagged cheese, I actually prefer a store-bought parmesan that has larger shreds that I make at home. I find that it holds up really well in the pasta salad, especially overnight or in leftovers.
- Fresh herbs! I’m always partial to basil and parsley when it comes to a dish like this.
- Lemon vinaigrette. One of my go-to dressings. It’s easy and works with a lot of different dishes. It’s mild but has a hint of spring flavor that can’t be beat.
Oh and yes… I realize I’m heavily on the lemon + herb + artichoke train right now. And pasta train! But this combo is just incredibly delicious come spring. It’s the first flavor mash up I think of when the weather starts warming up and I love that it can be taken all through summer too!
Guess what? This recipe is another one from the Nordstrom e-bar. I KNOW. I have a few of those and they are some of my favorites. I’ve done the tortellini salad and then their cauliflower and hummus from the cafe.
Back in the fall, I saw a container of this lemon artichoke chicken pasta in the e-bar. I grabbed it because the combo sounded delicious. It ended up being good, but I knew I could make it even better. I had many many months of testing this recipe considering I first created it half a year ago. It was difficult to wait to share this because I want you all to enjoy it.
Every year I tend to create a recipe that we end up taking EVERYWHERE. It becomes the hit of the summer.
Right now, that is this recipe! It’s so incredibly versatile. I love that you can make the entire thing ahead of time. You can even dress it ahead of time. It gets better as it sits, actually. (more…)
Jessica March 30, 2022 at 04:04PM